Season 1 | Top 5 Most Downloaded Episodes
Here are the Top 5 Most Downloaded Episodes of all of Season 1. As well as some highlights that we pulled out when listening back to them for episode 100.
01: ep21 2017/7/26 The Shop (Inappropriate Beer Names) – David, Jason, Dylan, Chris, Jeff, Nate
- First interview with them, maybe first appearance of rapid round (not called that)
- David Wanted to be a Dentist
- David (Kilt Lifter), Jason (Killians/Two Hearted/Dale’s Pale), Dylan (Old Chub/Dale’s Pale)
- We talk about “brewing beer the hard way” slogan from AB
- AB 6 points from the High End
- We get real deep into AB and their buyouts and how they work
- Dylan brought up the mobility of the local brewery vs big brands to pivot with trends
- Undiagnosed ADD comes from Dave talking about all the side projects at Cartel
- Cartel to The Shop
- Build out of the brewery
- We had Rob Fullmer do a pitch for RWW during the break
- Modern Times Collab – bingo, bango, bongo (7.2abv Hazy 4.04 Untapped)
02: ep18 2017/06/14 Wren House Brewing – Drew, Luke, Chris, Nate, Jeff
- Old intro music, Drew (go’s next door to see what candy they have) quote in the beginning
- This was recorded like 3 days before their 2nd year anniversary week.
- Luke was a homebrewer, working at Angel’s Trumpet
- Peaches and Cream was drank by all
- We got to try the PV, Tombstone, and Wren Collab early (The Ten, their first 16oz can) about 500 cans total.
- Luke mentions the ease of the mobile canner, and probably going to see more 16oz going forward from them in the future.
- Talking about expanding someday, and Drew mentions ideas about opening a taproom in Scottsdale or a farmhouse thing.
- He also says they don’t plan on buying a giant warehouse and making S**** loads of beer.
- We didn’t have break music.
- We got to share a bottle of NoJo (said only 6 was left of the 200)
- The great Vanilla shortage of 2017
- They did a lot of big sweet candy stouts. Luke was responsible for pastry beers since he oversaw casking beers when he got there.
03: ep20 2017/07/12 AZ Wilderness – Chase, Chris, Nate, Jeff
- Dry golden wet beaver shower (Chase), and Takosubo Men intro, no break music
- Chase (Dogfish Head Palo Santo) he was also going to be a Dentist
- Worked at San Tan when he first moved here
- Was thinking about opening his own place in Barnone
- First beer he brewed was a grisette (sold awfully)
- We are drinking a stout and Nate says sour stout
- Last Dirty Hop Water he wasn’t happy with it, and he said the next one will blow our minds.
- The idea was to make each one its own little experiment.
- We had a bottle of Muir’s Mûre (one of the last bottles left) – wild ale, black berry
- His first week was the first Camp Coolship
- Just all the collabs they had
- The Sinagua Malt, to replace alfalfa crops with barely during the summer months
- 140 acres of barley, they want to open it to all the other breweries
04: ep23 2017/08/23 12 West Brewing – Noel, Chris, Jeff, Nate
- Pickle brine sour called Pickle Rick Quote (Jeff), and Takosubo Men intro
- They gave us an IPA flight
- Nate said he likes kettle soured beers
- Noel (Blue Moon Variety Packs)
- Homebrewer and brewed with BRI
- Barnone was the going to be the Sour location and then offsite production
- 12 West name and logo, 12 West Main in Downtown Mesa
- Chris said he liked their Kolsch
- Quad Dutch Rudder came up
- Got inside story of the Mijo (Noel’s first brew, making a triple) Sam Elliot’s nickname for Patrick Swayze in Road House
- All the Ricky and Morty references
- Anchor Steam bought by Sapparo, RIP Anchor Steam
05: ep19 2017/06/28 AZ Whales and Hazy Days – Chris, Jeff, Nate
- Old music, no break music
- We drink Wren House Peaches and Cream IPA Crowler was held for us by Drew (the infamous Podcast Dudes tag)
- We talk about our collab with Historic Brewing Company called Hazy Days of Summer
- We talk about how excited we are with Wren House
- First Wren beer that Jeff has ever had
- Nate talks about the parking spots at Wren, and the small parking lots
- Crappy parking in general at places
- Nate is all in on Wren and is ok about AZ Wilderness
- Standout Beers Jingle 21:00